If you choose not to provide information, we may not be able to provide you with requested products, services or information.
What Information is collected?
We may connect information collected automatically with information we already have about you in order to identify you as a 40 Day Media guest. If we are able to identify you as a 40 Day Media guest we may, for example, link your activity on our website to your activity in a 40 Day Media store. This allows us to provide you with a personalized experience regardless of how you interact with us.
We also use automated information collection technologies for reporting and analysis purposes. We also examine metrics to determine the performance of our marketing efforts and your response to those marketing efforts.
40 Day Media participates in interest-based advertising (IBA), also known as Online Behavioral Advertising. We use third-party advertising companies to display ads tailored to your individual interests based on how you browse and shop online, as well as to provide advertising-related services such as ad delivery, reporting, attribution, analytics, and market research. 40 Day Media adheres to the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) self-regulatory principles for IBA.
Social Media Widgets
Our site and mobile applications include social media features, such as the Facebook Like button and Twitter widgets. These features may collect information about you such as your IP address and which page you’re visiting on our site. They may set a cookie or employ other tracking technologies to accomplish this. Social media features and widgets may be hosted by a third party. Your interactions with those features are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide them.
Social Media Ads
We may display targeted ads to you through social media platforms. These ads are sent to groups of people who share traits such as likely commercial interests and demographics. Please see the policies of each social media platform for additional information about these types of ads.
Information from Other Sources
We collect data that is publicly available. For example, information you submit in a public forum (e.g., a blog, chat room, or social network) can be read, collected or used by us and others, and could be used to personalize your experience. You are responsible for the information you choose to submit in these instances.
We also obtain information provided by third parties. For instance, we obtain demographic and other information from companies that can enhance our existing guest information to improve the accuracy and add to the information we have about our guests (e.g., adding address information).
This improves our ability to contact you and increases the relevance of our marketing by providing better product recommendations or special offers that may interest you.
How is your information used?
Examples of how 40 Day Media uses the information we collect include:
• product & service fulfillment
– Fulfill and manage purchases, orders, payments, and returns/exchanges
– Respond to requests for information about our products and services in our stores, on our websites or mobile applications, or to otherwise serve you
– Connect with you regarding guest service via our contact center, guest service desk, or on social media or internet chat platforms
– Provide services such as Gift Registry or a shopping list
– Manage subscription services, including order management, billing, improving reorder experiences, communicate with you about your subscription, and offer other products and services that may be of interest to you
– Fulfill benefits associated with use of our services, such as delivery of Welcome kits, to award and redeem points through our loyalty programs, etc.
– Administer sweepstakes and contests
– Conduct a transaction where we collect information required by law (for example, age-restricted purchases)
• our purposes (including but not limited to marketing)
– Deliver coupons, mobile coupons, newsletters, in-store receipt messages, e-mails, mobile messages, and social media notifications
– Provide interactive features of the website, such as product reviews or Weekly Ad, send marketing communications and other information regarding products, services and promotions
– Administer promotions, surveys, and focus groups
• internal operations
– Improve the effectiveness of our website, stores, products, services, and marketing efforts
– Conduct research and analysis, including focus groups and surveys
– Perform other business activities as needed, or as described elsewhere in this policy
• prevention of fraud & other harm
– Prevent fraudulent transactions, monitor against theft and otherwise protect our guests and our business (e.g., product recalls)
• legal compliance
– For example, assist law enforcement and respond to legal/regulatory inquiries
How is your information shared?
We will never share the information we collect in any other way than stated in this Privacy Statement, without giving you prior notice.
• service providers
– We may share the information we collect with companies that provide support services to us (such as printers, e-mail providers, mobile marketing services, analytics providers, web hosting providers, call center/chat providers, sweepstakes vendors, payment processors, coupon delivery vendors, data enhancement services, fraud prevention providers or shipping services providers, including product vendors) or that help us market our products and services. These companies may need information about you in order to perform their functions.
• legal requirements
– We may disclose information we collect when we believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law; to enforce or apply applicable terms and conditions and other agreements; to facilitate the financing, securitization, insuring, sale, assignment, bankruptcy, or disposal of all or part of our business or assets; or to protect the rights property or safety of our company, our guests or others.
• elsewhere at your discretion
– At your direction or request, or when you otherwise consent, we may share your information.
What choices do you have?
• postal mail
– If you do not wish to receive catalogs, coupons, and other promotional postal mail, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your first and last name and complete mailing address or call 301-392-7357 to opt-out.
– If you do not wish to receive promotional telephone calls, email email@example.com with your first and last name and telephone number or call 301-392-7357 to opt-out.
– If you do not wish to receive promotional e-mails from us, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 301-392-7357 to opt-out. You also have the ability to unsubscribe from promotional e-mails via the unsubscribe link included in each promotional e-mail. This opt-out does not apply to operational emails (e.g., surveys, product reviews).
– Text Messages: We may send text messages you have consented to receive. You can cancel text messages at any time by texting “STOP”. After you send “STOP”, we may send you an additional text message to confirm that you have been unsubscribed. You will no longer receive text messages from that short code, but you may receive text messages if you are subscribed to other text lists. If at any time you have questions about the text messages, text “HELP”. After you send “HELP” we will respond with instructions on how to use our service as well as how to unsubscribe. Message and data rates may apply.
To opt-out of our interest-based advertising for 40 Day Media’s goods and services or those of another party, online and in third-party mobile applications, visit Digital Advertising Alliance’s Choices page at http://optout.aboutads.info and perform a global opt-out.
Other Web Site Analytics Services
• To learn about Adobe Analytics privacy practices or to opt-out of cookies set to facilitate reporting, click here.
• To learn more about Google’s privacy practices, click here. To access and use the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on, click here.
How do you access & update your personal information?
In order to keep your personal information accurate and complete, you can access or update some of it in the following ways:
• If you have created a 40daymedia.com account, you can log in to review and update your account information, including contact, billing, and shipping information.
• Email email@example.com or call 301-392-7357 with your current contact information and the personal information you would like to access. We will provide you the personal information requested if reasonably available, or will describe the types of personal information we typically collect.
How is your personal information protected?
• security methods
– We maintain administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to protect your personal information. When we collect or transmit sensitive information such as a credit or debit card number, we use industry standard methods to protect that information. However, no e-commerce solution, website, mobile application, database or system is completely secure or “hacker proof.” You are also responsible for taking reasonable steps to protect your personal information against unauthorized disclosure or misuse.
• children’s personal information
– We recognize the particular importance of protecting privacy where children are involved. We do not knowingly collect personal information online from children under the age of 13. If a child under the age of 13 has provided us with personal information online, we ask that a parent or guardian email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 301-392-7357.
How do you contact 40 Day Media?
• email: email@example.com